Thor Controll PCB

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Hey everyone,
    I’m looking to wire up everything on a breadboard for now. Does anybody have a schematic I can follow? I have all of the required components and have the Mega wired up to a breadboard with the stepper drivers. I’m just unsure which pins go where. Is there a file that I can follow that will tell me this?
    Thanks for the help! I have assembled Thor, but am still working on a couple of issues. My output shaft for the geared steppers are 8mm, so I can’t use the GT2 pulley for support in art2/3 until I get half of it drilled to 8mm, which won’t be an issue, I’d just rather have a ;shop do it accurately. I also accidentally only ordered one to many of the 40mm stepper motors, and one less of the 34mm. As well as the GT2 closed loop belt. So I thought while I waited I’d mess around with prototyping a rough control board.

#811 Quote
    Angel LM
    Admin

Hi Antonio, I have several ControlPCB V1.0 and mats for assembly them.
    What are you looking for? Only the PCB? The PCB+Mats or an already assembled PCB? I’m from Spain, and I think that the shipping cost to Italy is about 5€ (not really sure about this).

#813 Quote
    Angel LM
    Admin

Hi Triumph! You can check the KiCad files uploaded to the repository. But you are right, I’ll make and upload a clearer diagram as soon as possible!

Best regards!

#815 Quote
    Angel LM
    Admin

Hi again!

I just did a clearer electronic schematic that you can see here.
    The references can be checked in the Component List wiki page.

Hope it helps!

#817 Quote

That’s perfect! Thank you for the help!

#819 Quote

Hi Ángel, i need to buy The PCB+Mats or an already assembled PCB.. What is the difference of price?

#821 Quote
    Angel LM
    Admin

Hi Antonio, I can send you PCB+Mats for 30€+Shipping or the already assembled and tested PCB for 60€+Shipping.
    Note: I’m not a professional solder, it takes me about 2 hours of work and the results are not like wave soldering (industrial).

In both cases the mats include:

• PCB
    • All male pins
    • All female pins
    • All resistors
    • All leds
    • All capacitors
    • All terminal blocks
    • The diode
    • The fuse

And it does not include:

• Arduino Mega
    • Drivers
    • Wires
    • Motors
    • Fans
    • Sensors

I prefeer the first option, just because I don’t have much spare time but the assembled is offered anyway! 😉

#823 Quote

hey angel, great work!
    is there any photos to be found of all the assembled pcb’s?
    and where should i buy all the small electronics

#825 Quote
    Angel LM
    Admin

A photo of an Assembled ControlPCB?
    I attached one to this message 😉
    I
    have bought most of the electronic components from Aliexpress and
    others like fuses from electronic online shops from my country.

Hope it helps!

EDIT: I deleted the previous message because I didn’t attach the image 🙁

#827 Quote

hey angel 10x for the quick reply
    what about the sensor PCB

#829 Quote
    Angel LM
    Admin

Good question!

Currently, the sensors PCB I have are the ones that I made using a CNC, which is not the best replicable option I think.
    If you want I can disassembly part of my robot to do a photo, but I don’t know if it will help you. I’m curious about how other Thor Builders did with the position sensors, any of you can share their experience?
    I also remember that someone told me that there are commercial sensors (like this one) that could fit inside Thor… I think that the 3D model can be modified easily to hold that sensors instead of the DIY ones. What do you think?

Best regards!

#831 Quote

;AngeL,Can you please put together a bill of material so I can buy the right component to assembly PCB. You did not include all components on PCB as indicated on your hackaday page https://hackaday.io/project/12989/components. I’m ordering ;a fully assembled PCB from a US company. thanksBen ;

#833 Quote
    #835 Quote
    Angel LM
    Admin

Hi Benedict,

Please take a look at the Component List at the Wiki page.

Best regards,
    Ángel LM

#837 Quote

How should the Jumpers be connected for the Stepper Controllers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.