Random homing fail

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SerialBuilder
    Participant

I finally received and printed all the materials a few weeks ago.

When I started to build it, I had issues with the Art4 which was moving a lot due to slack but I found this and it fixed it perfectly. I would recommend to add it to the mod folder to be easier to find 😉

Regarding my issue, I have randoms homing failure. Is there any way to know more about the failure?
      It seems to be on sometimes on Art2 and sometimes on Art4.
      Basically, it looks for the 0 position, reach it and then stops with failure which is strange because it clearly detected it.

One more question about the current drawn, I have currently everything connected except the gripper.
      I have a 12V 10A power supply. I measured the current drawn at the power supply and it is only 3A…
      Which seems very weird, I have configured the drivers with the following formulas

for Art2 & 3 motors:
      Vref = 8 * 0.1 * 0.4 = 0.32
      for the others:
      Vref = 8 * 0.1 * 1.3 = 1.04

Don’t you think it’s weird to have only 3A drawn?

Angel LM
      Admin

Hi SerialBuilder!

Sorry for the late reply, I was on my vacations hehe

When I started to build it, I had issues with the Art4 which was moving a lot due to slack but I found this and it fixed it perfectly. I would recommend to add it to the mod folder to be easier to find 😉

Yeah, I forgot to add them to the mod folder. I’ll try to add it ASAP. Thanks for the reminder!

Regarding my issue, I have randoms homing failure. Is there any way to know more about the failure?

I’m not very sure what is happening. To discard some common issues, please check that your $$ settings match with the ones listed in the Firmware Documentation.

Don’t you think it’s weird to have only 3A drawn?

Do your motors skip steps or not move at all when they should? In my experience when the robot is holding the maximum load it can handle, the current drawn is something between 7A and 8A.

SerialBuilder
        Participant

Hi Angel,

In the end, I decided to learn and work on ROS + MoveIt. Asgard is good for testing/debugging but very limited to do actual stuff.
          It’s now way easier to plan tasks, avoid collision with environment etc… I’m not done yet but it’s promising.
          I’ll report back later on this but for now here’s a quick overview 🙂

Overview_screencapture

Regarding the amperage, I am still around 5A which I find weird but everything seems to work fine.

Angel LM
          Admin

Wow!!!

Yeah, the ROS thing has been always in the To-Do-List in this project 😅
            I look forward to hearing how you have integrated it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.