Tool PWM not working?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AlexS1394_Uni
    Participant

Hey,

I have trouble with getting the gripper to work.
      All the articulations do work but the gripper does not make any move. I tested the servo with another arduino. It works.
      I tried both Asgard and arduino serial console. How can I test if the PWM signal is actually on the pins PT1?

I would be very thankful for every idea.

Greetings,
      Alex

AlexS1394_Uni
      Participant

Ok, I just realized that Pin 41 is not used. That will probably solve the problem.
        But I do have another Question. Where does the Voltage supply for the light switches come frome?
        Mine did not light up when wired to the shield, but did when supplied by external power supply.
        I checked and it looks like that there is no voltage at the pins.

Did anybody else had this problem? Did I kill my board or am I missing something? BTW: What are the jumper connectors for?

AlexS1394_Uni
        Participant

It is embarassing but it was (of course) just a little thing:
          The 5V are naturally only supplied when the arduino is connected via USB. That was the reason for having no voltage at the Sensorpins.
          Another thing that led me in confusion was that I messed something up when soldering a extension to the cables from the light switches. I alternated the polarity….

Maybe my mistakes will help others in the future.

Greetings,
          Alex

Angel LM
          Admin

Hi Alex!

Sorry for the late reply! I’m glad you managed to find the answer to your problem!

About the question of the function of the jumper connectors, they are used to control the step size of stepper drivers.
            As you can see in the PCB Schematic, each driver (marked as U1, U2, … U8) has 3 pins called MS1, MS2, MS3 (MS comes from Micro Stepping). These pins can have 2 states: LOW (0V) or HIGH (5V). I used jumper connectors to connect MS1, MS2 and MS3 to 5V and configure the microstepping as 1/16. Other configurations can be made by using different states in MS pins as shown in the “Step (and microstep) size” section of Pololu A4988 Driver product page.

I hope I have cleared up the doubt!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.