Thor in India!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kumarrr.m
    Participant

Hello community, i and my teammates are building the thor robot for our engineering project, all parts are ready along with electronics. Had a trail run too, I’m facing issues with art2,art3 and art4. The gears and belts are not meshimg properly. I need immediate help with it as the submission deadline is close. Angel or anyone who can help me, please get in touch at arunkumar107mak@gmail.com.
      Thank you!

kumarrr.m
      Participant

Thor in India

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by kumarrr.m.
        Angel LM
        Admin

Hello!

First of all, welcome to Thor family! 🙂

I will be happy to help you. Please ask your questions here, so in the future anyone who has a similar problem will find it helpful.

EMILIO CAMPUZANO
          Participant

Hi,
            It is normal to have some mechanical issues.
            Art2 is one of the points where you can find that gear do not fix. To solve this problem we have build a 3-4mm wedge in Art1body. This way gear of the motor2&3 fix better. I will send you an image as soon as i can for me to make myself understood.
            However we do not have problems with Art3 and Art4, We have problems with art5&6, the diferencial.

kumarrr.m
            Participant

Thank you Emilio, sending in an image of the wedge would help me understand better.
              And regarding the art5&6 problem your facing, i noticed that there is a gap between the art6 link and the two individual gears and to solve it i roughly measured it up and put some cushioning foam to fill that, and it has solved the issue for me. Though there is still a little play in it.
              Attached an image for reference.Art5&6 fix

Angel LM
              Admin

Hi Kumarrr,

You are trying to attach an image located in a private Google Drive folder, so we can’t see it!
                You can use an image upload free service (like this one) and then attach the image again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.