Stepper motor for Articulation 4,5,6

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    santosh
    Participant

Hello all,
      I have five of the following stepper motors from an old 3d printer which I don’t use anymore. Can someone confirm for me if they are the same ones used for Articulation 4 & 5 & 6?
      https://www.geeetech.com/hybrid-stepper-motor-42shd003420b-for-3d-printer-p-1011.html

Angel LM
      Admin

I looked at the specs on the page you posted and can’t find the motor dimensions. It confirms that it is 34mm high.
        It looks like it has a torque holding of 30N.cm which is higher (and better) than what is listed on the BOM.
        What makes me doubt is the voltage and current value: 5V 1A. I imagine that it will be able to move with 12V and that its current consumption will decrease proportionally. I understand that before you had them mounted on a 3D printer, you fed it at 12V?

If so, I think they should work for joints 4, 5 and 6!

santosh
        Participant

Hello,
          The 3d printer had multiple A4988 drivers on its controller (same as thor) and the voltage to the motors was 12v. So I assume this should work for thor (and should also save me some bucks since I don’t have to buy new motors 😉). Thanks for your help.

Angel LM
          Admin

No problem! Keep us updated of your progress! =)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.