Maximum load

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mendy
    Participant

From the FAQ:

maximum load I succeeded to lift is 750 grams (including the tool weight)

Pardon my ignorance, but does this mean that the arm can lift 750 grams + the tool, or is it 750 grams – the tool?

Also what’s tool are you referring to? is that the interchangeable gripper?

Thanks for this awesome project!!

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by Mendy.
      Angel LM
      Admin

Hi Mendy,
        750g refers to 750g minus the weight of the tool.
        Anyway, I did that test quite some time ago and I am not sure that the value is correct, it will be around that value, but I would not take it as a reference.

Hope it helps!

Mendy
        Participant

Hi Angel, thanks for the swift reply!

What’s the main point holding it back from lifting more weight? Is it just motor strength? If so, can I just swap the motor for a stronger one?

Also, is the tool you’re referring to the interchangeable gripper?

Hope you don’t mind me bothering again but I’m seriously considering building a Thor and I need to make sure that it can handle the tasks I wanna give it.

Angel LM
          Admin

No problem with that! The purpose of this forum is to answer this kind of questions 🙂

The main disadvantage when lifting more weight is the strength of the motors. Specifically of the motors of the last 3 joints. While it is true that the motors of joints 1, 2 and 3 are not very strong, the small motors of joints 5 and 6 are not capable of supporting a heavy load.

Yes, I was referring to the interchangeable gripper as the tool.

Don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.