Issue with Stepper Motor Movement

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stefan.lam
    Participant

Hi all,
      All of the stepper motors I tested experience the issue in the video below. When uploading the firmware used for Thor, the motors only spin when the command is initially sent from Asgard and when the command ends. In between these moments, the motors does not move. However, when I code the motor movement manually, the stepper motors move perfectly fine. I am not sure if this is an issue related to the firmware, PCB or electronics. Help is very much appreciated

Angel LM
      Admin

Hi Stefan,

After watching the video and hearing the steppers I think that either the rotation speed or the acceleration has been set too high.
        Have you configured the $$ parameters as is described in the Firmware: Installation & Configuration page?

If you did, please try to test the motors using the examples in the Testing Firmware section of the same page, and let me know if the result is different 😉

stefan.lam
        Participant

Hi Angel,

After lowering the speed and rotation, I found that the power supply I use only supports up to .5 A. I remember reading somewhere in the forum that the stepper motors use .8 A. Although the motors are able to move, the distance the parts move do not match the angle it is supposed to be at. Is there a way to adjust things so the stepper motors work with .5 A?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.