Axis gear ratio.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

English:Hi, currently me and a friend are programming an operating system for Thor. ;
    The operative system is based on a raspberry programmed in Free Pascal with “Ultibo” and the raspberry will manage all the calculation of inverse kinematics. ;It is currently communicated using SPI with a mega mega that we use as an axis computer. ;The raspberry sends the information and the arduino receive it, however, we are not using the grbl firmware to move the motors. I need to know the gear ratio of each axis in order to calculate the steps/degree that each motor needs. ;
    I’ve not found this info anywhere. If someone has it ; I will be very grateful. Thank you

Español:Hola, desde hace un tiempo yo y un compañero estamos programando un sistema operativo propio para Thor. ;Actualmente el sistema esta basado en una Raspberry programada en Free Pascal con “Ultibo” que gestionará todo el calculo de cinemática inversa y que actualmente se comunica por SPI con un arduino mega que utilizamos como computador de ejes.
    La raspberry ya envia la información y el arduino la recibe, sin embargo, como no estamos utilizando grbl para mover los motores necesito conocer la relacción de engranajes que existe en cada eje para poder calcular los pasos por grado que necesita cada motor. Esta información no la he encontrado por ninguna parte. SI alguien la tiene agradeceria que me la proporcionase.

Gracias

Art1 is 5 to 1.Art2 is 5 to 1 plus a 5.18 to reduction for the gear motor.For Art3 I’m using a 77/13.5 to 1 reduction for the gt2 belt plus 5.18 reduction for the gear motor.Art4 is 2 to 1.
    Haven’t figured out reductions for Art5 and 6 yet.
    Drew

Thanks for the info, the 5 and 6 axis are a bit different… the movement is achieved moving 2 mottors at the same time.
    When you move them on the same direction the 5th axis moves. There is a 40 teeth pulley connected to a 20 teeth pulley on the motor, so every 2 turns of the motor you get a turn on the little printed gearWhen you move them on oposite directions the 6th axis moves, so we have a 1/2 reduction from the pulleys + another 1/2 reduction betwheen the big gear and the leser one. The final ratio is 1/4 if you move them on oposite directions, so 4 turns per 6th axis rotation.

I am currently thinking how I can move the 5&6 axis at the same time using a syncrhonous movement… maybe I can apply the CoreXY formula but the different gear ratios for each axis make it a little confusing.

Angel LM
    Admin

Hi Shelmak! That project sounds very nice!

When I was designing the last two articulations I wasn’t thinking about how hard it would be to control them… So yes, I end to that confusing articulation hahaha
      If I can help you just ask me!

By the way, the Drew’s answer is correct (thanks Drew!) Sorry for the late reply!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.