Arduino connector orientation on PCB

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

What is the right orientation of Arduino connector on THOR PCB board? On the “electronics” page of the project there is a photo with pins soldered facing downwards, but on some youtube videos we can see the same connector soldered upwards with a lot of wires connecting the units. The first variant probably allows to connect the male PCB connector directly into the Arduino female connector? Share your thoughts please.

Thanks in advance.

Angel LM
    Admin

“The first variant probably allows to connect the male PCB connector directly into the Arduino female connector?”
      Yeah, you are right!

It doesn’t matter the direction as long as the connections match with this diagram would be ok.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Angel LM.

Looks like if the connector is below the board, pin 41 should remain unconnected?

Presumably this is for the tool servo?
      – I guess this connection should be directly wired to pin 7 with a jumper wire and the rest simply plugged into the digital connector on the arduino board

Angel LM
      Admin

Yes, that’s it!

I wanted the Shield to be easy to plug, but I screwed it up with the design of the PCB, assigning the pin 41 for the tool servo before realizing that the port 41 is not PWM… So, as a hotfix, a jumper wire should be connected to a free PWM pin and I used the number 7.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.